What can you expect from each condition?
Frame Condition Inspection:This process takes around 30 minutes approximately.
- Examine Exterior:
- Inspect frame for damage, wear, loose panels.
- Check handlebars and controls.
- Mechanics Inspection:
- Check wheels, tires, suspension, folding mechanism.
- Motor and Battery Inspection:
- Examine battery, motor, and controls.
- Test motor for smooth acceleration.
- Brakes and Safety Inspection:
- Test brakes, lights, cables, wiring.
- Conduct a short test ride and document findings.
Spare Parts order
1. Identify Needed Spare Parts:
After diagnosing scooter issues and identifying required parts.
2. Opt for OEM Parts:
Prefer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts when possible. Consult scooter manual or manufacturer's website for OEM parts.
3. Find Reliable Suppliers:
Seek specialized electric scooter spare part suppliers using various methods.
4. Request Warranty Info:
Inquire about part warranties. OEM parts may have varying warranties.
5. Compare Prices:
Obtain quotes from multiple suppliers to ensure competitive prices.
6. Order Spare Parts:
Select a supplier with original, new, warranted parts, and place the order.
7. Inspect Received Parts:
Carefully check received parts for accuracy and damage during transit.
8. Maintain Records:
Keep detailed records of parts purchased, including supplier info, part numbers, dates, warranties, and receipts.
9. Test the Parts:
Prior to installation, test each part, especially critical components like the battery, motor, and brakes, to ensure proper function.
1. Safety Check:
Ensure all safety measures are in place.
Carefully disassemble the electric scooter. Track all components during disassembly.
3. Cleaning and Maintenance:
Clean and inspect all scooter components, including the frame, deck, and mechanical parts.
4. Part Replacement:
Replace identified faulty or worn parts with new, high-quality spare parts.
5. Electrical Components:
Inspect and replace electrical components like the battery, controller, wiring, and connectors if necessary.
6. Lubrication and Adjustments:
Make necessary adjustments to ensure the scooter operates smoothly.
7. Brake Inspection and Adjustment:
Inspect the brakes, including pads, discs, and calipers. Adjust brake tension and alignment for safe braking.
8. Safety Testing:
Perform safety tests to ensure all scooter components function correctly, including lights, horn, and safety features like the kill switch.
9. Battery Charging:
Charge the battery to full capacity and ensure it charges and discharges properly. Monitor the battery for any irregularities.
10. Test Ride:
Take the refurbished scooter for a test ride to evaluate overall performance. Ensure perfect function.
11. Quality Control:
Conduct a final quality control check to confirm all parts are correctly installed.
12. Cosmetic Improvements:
Address cosmetic issues, such as cleaning the scooter's exterior and polishing to enhance its appearance.
Maintain detailed records of the refurbishment process.
Final inspection & Packing
- Quality Control Check: Ensure all refurbishment steps are completed successfully, and replacement parts function correctly.
- Safety Testing: Verify scooter safety standards, including brakes, lights, and unusual vibrations.
- Cosmetic Inspection: Examine exterior for imperfections and enhance appearance.
- Condition Classification: Classify as "Like New," "Very Good," or "Good" based on cosmetic inspection.
- Documentation Review: Review all refurbishment-related documentation.
- Battery Check: Ensure a fully charged and functioning battery.
- Test Ride: Validate overall scooter performance.
Packing the Scooter for Shipping:
- Prepare a Sturdy Box: Select an appropriately sized, sturdy corrugated cardboard box.
- Protective Padding: Line the box bottom with corrugated paper or bubble wrap for cushioning.
- Secure the Scooter: Position the scooter securely inside the box with padding to prevent movement during transit.
- Seal the Box: Close and seal the box securely with packaging tape.
- Labeling: Label the box as "Fragile" and attach the shipping label.